This article is basically for people who are safe drivers and do not break any kind of safety rules. Many of us are not aware that even though we follow rules, alertness is also one important thing to remember while you drive. Fatigue is a kind of feeling that can put you in danger on the road. This danger can be not only for us but for our loved ones too.
According to a study, 20% of the accidents on the roads occur due to over-tiredness. And the worse results are that such accidents can cause serious injuries or even death. This tiredness is not due to overdriving, but this can result in drowsiness and can put you in danger.
Drowsiness in a person can be caused due to:
- Lack of sleep
- Driving at a time when you normally sleep
- Sleep disorders or some conditions which cause sleep apnea.
This condition will cause the following side-effects:
- It will be difficult for you to focus due to drowsiness.
- It will take a long for you to react to any kind of sudden mishaps or to take some immediate decisions.
- It will be difficult for you to make any judgments.
How do you know that you are tired or signs of being tired?
- Heavy eyes or taking time to react
- The difficulty for you to concentrate
- Your driving performance will be hampered.
- You would be impatient.
- You may find yourself sleeping for few seconds, and you may get up with a jerk.
Having a driving instructor is very important to avoid such situations. They can help you drive in any difficult situations with confidence. Ltrent is the best training school in Australia that can help you a safe driving and can make you skilled and equipped on the roads.
How can you avoid such kinds of mishaps?
- All you need to do is plan your trip. Make sure you get enough sleep before you start driving.
- Don’t travel for more than 8 to 10 hours a day.
- Avoid driving between midnight and 6 a.m. because your body knows that it is the time for you to sleep.
- Once you have started with your drive, make sure you take a break for 15 mins every 2 hours.
- In case you start to feel drowsy, take a stop and have coffee which makes you alert, but make sure you do not just depend on the caffeine.
- Do not drink alcohol before driving even in small amounts. This may cause the driver to be fatigue soon.
Fatigue is very dangerous as it may hamper your ability to drive. It is as dangerous as drink and drive. Some of the researchers have shown that being awake for more than 17 hours is equal to having a BAC (blood alcohol concentration) of 0.05. This will affect your driving and resulting in dangerous mishaps. Hence you need to be a responsible driver and make sure you avoid this kind of problem.